Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Cornish Colony Trail near Claremont, NH

The photo workshop starts tonight at 7pm, and I needed to nail down the agenda.

I headed east after a morning's worth of work and followed the Route 12A trail through the Cornish Colony. Everything you need to know about this lovely area is here:
Cornish Colony: Trail 6

You'll find three covered bridges that are sort of on the main drag, and all are worth stopping to see.

I wanted to see Claremont, the mill town in the midst of renovations that don't really look like they're still under way. This jewel of a historic town is filled with huge, brick warehouses on the Sugar River. The surrounding area isn't so great, but I hope they do fulfill the sign's promise of "Luxury Condominiums."

I then drove through Newport, NH and continued on to Sunapee Harbor. That lake is magical. It is so clear and clean - what a wonderful spot to visit. There was a lake boat tour on the weekends at 2pm and I made a note to include in on the agenda.

No comments: