Monday, October 8, 2007

Day Five: Vermont Fall Foliage Photo Tour

It rained all night and was raining in the morning, so we met at 8am all packed up and headed for Grafton. Our first stop was the Grafton Village Cheese company.

Don't expect much in terms of learning about cheese. The salespeople are downright surly and unfriendly and all you get to see is a guy behind a plexi window doing something in a vat.

It was thickly overcast and sprinkling, so we wandered around the charming village, took a few photos, then said good bye.

I drove through Newfane on a circuitous route back to I91 because it was supposed to be a charming town. I missed it. I would skip the town altogether. Route 30 meets I91 at Brattleboro where traffic was stopped dead. It was a long drive home that I started in 60 degrees and ended up in 91 degrees by the time I hit mid-Connecticut. It was hot and humid in New York City - this is really weird for early October.

No comments: